The Avenidas Door to Door transportation program will take you wherever you need to go, safely and on time! Our drivers are sensitive to the mobility and sight limitations that some individuals may have and will gladly escort people to and from the car and ensure that seat belts are securely fastened. A spouse or a caregiver may accompany the rider at no additional charge. Our vetted volunteer drivers, who may be supplemented by Lyft drivers, will take you anywhere within an eight mile radius of Avenidas.
Here’s how it works:
- To schedule a ride, simply call (650) 289-5411 at least 24 hours (and up to five weeks) in advance. Same day service with Lyft can be requested for an additional fee.
- Program operates Monday through Friday with the earliest pickup at 8:15 am and last pickup at 4:00pm.
- Cities included in are San Carlos, Redwood City, Atherton, Woodside, Menlo Park, Portola Valley, East Palo Alto, Palo Alto, Los Altos, Los Altos Hills, Mountain View.
- Provides rides up to 12 miles to medical appointments, community centers, classes, shopping, beauty salon, or wherever you need to go! Rides are provided by experienced volunteer drivers or Lyft rides will be dispatched to serve you. Either way, the cost to you is the same!
- Drivers will escort you to/from the car and assist with safety belts. You can bring a caregiver or companion along at no additional charge. Volunteer drivers use their personal passenger vehicles and cannot accommodate wheelchairs.
- You will be billed each month for the previous month’s rides. You will receive an invoice by mail which you can pay by check or credit card.
- So whenever you need to go to the doctor’s or get a haircut or stock up on groceries, you can rely on the Avenidas program Door to Door to give you a ride!
Ride Rates (one way):
Short Ride – 0-3.9 miles: $9.00
Medium Ride – 4-7.9 miles: $13.00
Long Ride – 8-12 miles: $18.00
Same Day/On Demand: $5.00
Same Day Cancellation: $7.50
Lyft No-Show/Missed Ride: $10.00