We promote health, wellness and recreation in culturally appropriate programs to a diverse senior community. We also encourage cultural sensitivity through education and community engagement.
Classes & Events at the Avenidas Chinese Community Center
What We Offer
- Classes for older adults (50+)
- Activities in both English and Chinese
- Cultural and diversity celebrations
- Calligraphy and brush painting
- Dance classes
- Karaoke, mahjong, and ping pong
- Technology and health-related workshops
- “Truly intergenerational programming.”–LM
What Members Say about the Avenidas Chinese Community Center
Thanks for all you do with the Cubberley program – it’s a dynamic and vibrant offering of choices.Y.K.
I love that the classes are available in both English and Chinese, because I feel I’m learning so much!Jennifer
ACCC is a gift and treasure to all of us. It is a wonderful opportunity to join in while staying at home.S.T.
Virtual Tai Chi Classes from YouTube — in Mandarin
Three YouTube videos featuring Tai Chi master and ACCC instructor Andrew Ching Lee. Instructions are in Mandarin only.
Because of your hard work and diligence my life has been enriched in this difficult time.V.B.