Already an Avenidas Village member? Log in for access to members-only services.
Avenidas Village is a membership-based virtual community for adults 55+ living in their own homes. It offers practical help, resources, and social connections to enhance security and independence.
What Is Avenidas Village?
This movement was started by neighbors in Beacon Hill, Massachusetts, who organized the first Village in 2002 as a network of neighbors, to help each other remain connected to their community.
Avenidas Village, the first Village on the West Coast, was founded in 2007 and is now one of more than 200 Villages nationwide.
More people are looking for ways to stay active and engaged in their own home and community as they grow older…Avenidas Village was designed to make this possible for you!
“Most of all, there is contentment in being a member – knowing that I don’t have to worry about my home and lifestyle. Avenidas Village knows me and is there for me—it’s a great feeling!”—E.G.
What We Offer
Who can benefit from an Avenidas Village Membership? Are you
- Newly retired and looking for a fresh way to engage in your neighborhood and community?
- Well-established in your home and neighborhood and looking for resources and support to help you stay there as long as you can?
- A recent widow or widower facing new challenges at home or in need of some new social connections?
- Far from family members who can support you with some of your needs?
- Independent, but would like some help to find trusted resources and service providers?
If so — Avenidas Village might be just what you are looking for!
Recently, I attended a neighborhood cluster meeting with my mom. I was struck by the level of engagement of the members, and the way that they are doing all the things we tell older people to do, like exercising, staying social, making sure paperwork and files are in order, and keeping up with technology. Several of my friends have called my mom a “rock star” and a “super-ager” and I credit this, in part, to Avenidas Village.LP
When you join Avenidas Village, you will gain access to a curated selection of services and resources that will help to simplify your life and address challenges that you may face.
- Regional and neighborhood network of like-minded neighbors whom you can meet through organized social events such as lunch groups, community outings and tours, special interest groups, and neighborhood gatherings
- Connect with other Villagers as a volunteer, or if you need help with a ride, a simple household task or just a social call or visit, other Villagers are available to lend you a hand
- An extensive list of pre-screened vendors you can call on to provide services as needed, such as appliance or home repairs, home health care, gardening, computer/technology help and much more
- A rich range of discounted offerings through the Avenidas Enrichment Center: “Avenidas Connects – Gold” level membership for lifelong learning, wellness, and social services
- 24/7 service provides answers or assistance, right on the spot to give you peace of mind, knowing there is someone you can call to help you coordinate the services you need, when you need them
Join Us for a Coffee Chat
Avenidas Village hosts twice-monthly Coffee Chats in the “Think Tank” on the second floor of Avenidas@450 Bryant.
Learn more about this more-than-virtual community for adults 55 and up. Avenidas Village offers practical help, resources and social connections to help you stay independent and thrive in your own home.
Come to a Coffee Chat and hear from members how the Village program enriches their lives.