In This Issue
- From the President
- Avenidas Village Members Experience the Helpful Impact of a Strong Support Structure
- Door to Door Drivers Deliver Food, Medications & Good Cheer during COVID-19
- Avenidas LGBTQ Seniors Initiative Versus the Coronavirus
- Avenidas Care Partners Provide Much-Needed Support During Crisis
- Expanded Benefit for Giving
- New Community Partnership
- Putting Creativity and Compassion to Work for Health of Participants
- Evaluating Your Future Healthcare Decisions: How To Prepare For Those Difficult Conversations
- Avenidas Supporting Seniors in Crisis
From the President
Dear Avenidas Friends,
I hope you and yours are well despite the uncertainty and discomfort of the times. Back on March 13th, when we made the decision to close the doors at our three Avenidas centers in the midst of COVID-19, what was most on our mind was: how could we continue to serve the older adults who need us now more than ever?
Our staff immediately began creating a comprehensive work plan for supporting older adults as we all worked remotely. I am proud to report that we successfully made that transition happen.
We’ve devoted this issue to telling you the stories of how our various programs have been responding to the change in local needs and bringing a sense of security, belonging and even hope to our seniors.
We look forward to seeing everybody again soon!
President & CEO