- This event has passed.
AARP Tax Assistance and Electronic Filing
March 18, 2022 , 12:00 am – 11:59 pm PDT
After a difficult two years, we plan on a renewal of tax assistance at Avenidas with various COVID restrictions. Avenidas requires that anyone entering the building bring proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Do not come if you have tested positive for COVID within 14 days or have been exposed to anyone COVID-positive over the previous 10 days. The Tax-Aide volunteers will all have the same restrictions and will have a facility set up to try to minimize close contact and the chances of COVID being spread.
Tax Assistance at Avenidas is intended for low-to-moderate income tax-payers with special emphasis on those over the age of 60. Please bring your 2021 tax documents with you, which might include:
- IRS Letter 6475 with EIP (economic impact payment) amounts (new this year)
- IRS Letter 6419 with Advanced Child Tax Credit amounts (new this year)
- W2 income1099-R or SSA-1099 for IRA/Pensions or Social Security income
- Other income (e.g. 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-B, 1099-NEC, 1099-MISC, K-1, etc.)
- Deductible expenses
- If not on Medicare or company insurance, any 1095-A or CA 3895 forms
- Any other tax documents for 2021 like estimated tax payments
- Photo ID
- Documents with Social Security numbers (e.g. Social Security IDs, SSA-1099, etc.)
- 2020 Tax return and supporting documents
- 2019 Tax return if you had earned income and qualified for EIC (Earned Income Credit)
By Appointment Only
Call (650) 289-5400 to make an appointment. Please speak clearly and leave your name and phone number.