- This event has passed.
AARP Tax Assistance and Electronic Filing
April 1, 2022 , 12:00 am – 11:59 pm PDT
Free Tax Assistance at Avenidas every Friday from February 3 to April 14 is provided by AARP Foundation Tax-Aide. It is intended for low-to-moderate income taxpayers with special emphasis on those over the age of 60. Your taxes will be completed by trained volunteers, electronically filed, and a printed copy of your tax return will be given to you.
What to Bring
- New this year: the amount of the CA Middle Class Tax Refund you received. You will have a 1099-MISC from the CA FTB (Franchise Tax Board) if $600 or more. If under $600, you must look for a direct deposit to your checking account between October 7, 2022 and November 14, 2022 labelled “FTB MCT REFUND”, or a debit card in the mail between December 17, 2022 and January 14, 2023. You must bring the amount of the refund to have your taxes done.
- 1099-R or SSA-1099 for IRA/Pensions or Social Security Income Other income (e.g., 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-B, 1099-NEC, 1099-MISC, K-1, etc.)
- Deductible expenses
- If you are not on Medicare or company insurance, and 1095-A or CA 3895 forms
- Any other tax documents for 2022, like estimated tax payments
- Photo ID Social Security card, or a copy of SSA-1099 for you and any dependents
- A copy of your 2021 tax return and supporting documents
There are no COVID restrictions at this time. But if you have COVID you should follow the Santa Clara County guidelines for 5 days of isolation and wear a mask for 5 days after isolation. (See covid19.sccgov.org.)
By Appointment Only
Call (650) 289-5400 to make an appointment. Please speak clearly and leave your name and phone number.