Our theme for August is “Getting to know you.” Each day we pose a question that will help your children and grandchildren get to know you—and vice versa.
This month’s calendar also includes a Trivia Quiz about popular culture in the 1950s, 1960s, and 1970s. Answers are on page 2 of the calendar. Don’t peek!
- Ward and June were two main characters in what famous TV show of the late 50s and 60s?
- What are the names of the Three Stooges?
- What color is the “M” in McDonalds?
- What blood type is known as the universal donor?
- In what year did the Beatles break up?
- In which film does Humphrey Bogart say, “We’ll always have Paris”?
- Who was the first woman to make a solo flight across the Atlantic Ocean?
- What singer had a hit with “Sixteen Tons” in 1955?
- Tony and Maria were the lead characters in what Broadway musical that premiered in 1957?
- What famous TV series debuted in 1965 with these words, “Space, the final frontier”?
- What was the name of the first satellite launched into orbit by Russia in 1957?
- What famous cowboy of the 1950s was really named Leonard Slye?
- What year did Disneyland open?
- Who landed at 17 Cherry Tree Lane in a well-known Walt Disney movie from 1964?