People of all ages have re-engaged in the community by volunteering through Avenidas. Volunteering feels great and is good for your health, too! Over 450 people volunteer their time, money or talent each year, and Avenidas values the input, productivity, time and energy of all our volunteers. Volunteering opportunities are available Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
“I tutor as part of Avenidas’ Early Literacy Program and I feel such a sense of purpose being able to help young kids become readers,” states one enthusiastic volunteer!
Avenidas works to match your interests with one of our volunteer opportunities such as:
- Giving rides to seniors (email Erika Thomas or call her at (650) 289-5453). View our Volunteer Driver Application.
- Tutoring children in our Early Literacy Program (email Michael Kass or call him at (650) 289-5419).
- Working with frail elderly adults at our day health center in Mountain View –crafts, socializing, gardening, reading aloud and more! (email Loretta Austin or call her at (650) 289-5491). View our Rose Kleiner Volunteer Application.
- Teaching PC, Mac, gadgets or social media classes.
- Administrative help and more!
Avenidas Volunteer Program
Attn: Jyllian Halliburton
Volunteer Program Manager
4000 Middlefield Rd, Building i-2
Palo Alto, CA 94303