Avenidas Rose Kleiner Center staff holiday party, 2019.
Want to change a life? Apply here.
Since 1969, Avenidas has been providing community-building services and activities for older adults and their caregivers. Serving more than 7,500 participants and clients annually, our compassionate staff delivers innovative programs and personal connection. We operate two enrichment centers, one at Cubberley in South Palo Alto and one in downtown Palo Alto, and an adult day health program in Mountain View. And while our in-person reach is concentrated regionally throughout Northern Santa Clara and Southern San Mateo counties, our ‘without walls’ offerings (phone consultations, distance learning, on-line community, etc.) and staff commitment know no bounds.
We invite you to explore opportunities with Avenidas and learn how we can work together to make life better for seniors and their caregivers.
Current Career Opportunities
Why just have a job when you can pursue work with purpose that makes a difference?
Avenidas is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to staff diversity. Interested parties, please send resume and cover letter or inquiries (principals only) to email@example.com, or use our application.
Avenidas @450 Bryant
Social Events Coordinator
Avenidas Village is a membership program for seniors in Palo Alto and surrounding cities who live independently in their own homes. The Village provides a network of support and social connections for its members. We are currently seeking a part-time Social Events Coordinator who will develop and maintain the social calendar for the Village members including cultural and leisure opportunities in community locations or at the Avenidas site when permitted, as well as a creative program of remote activities and groups via Zoom. The Social Events Coordinator works with Village members and program staff to schedule and execute the social events program.
Our current social events program includes:
- Group day trips using charter bus transportation, to San Francisco or other locations for concerts, tours, theater performances, etc. (when permitted)
- Group outings to nearby museums, concerts and restaurants (members meet at the location or carpool)
- Parties, lectures or interest/discussion groups that meet at Avenidas 450 Bryant St (when permitted)
- Discussion groups, social groups or webinars on Zoom
The Village Social Events Coordinator will:
- Get input from members on possible events and outings to offer a varied activity program; encourage member participation in planning events and activities
- Research community programs and events of interest such as museums, theater performances, concerts, lecture series, etc., including transportation options, handle all reservations & planning
- Accompany the members on all outings. Coordinate with docents, restaurant staff, or other contacts to ensure a positive experience for the group
- Work with Director to create monthly schedule of activities and events
- Plan social gatherings such as holiday parties, happy hours, etc. held at the Avenidas site
- Take responsibility for all setup/takedown of Village programs at Avenidas including seating arrangement, A/V system, tracking program attendance, etc.
- Take high quality photos of all events for publication in the Village newsletter and other outlets
- Communicate regularly with Village members on upcoming events and programs via phone, email & website
The position is 16-hours per week, hourly, unbenefited, paying $22-$24 per hour (DOE), and reports to the Director of Avenidas Village. Core work hours are expected on-site during Avenidas open hours of M-F, 9-5, with specific work hours to be decided between the Director and the successful candidate. Some evening/weekend event hours will be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years relevant experience in managing and coordinating social events for groups
- Knowledge of the local area and community events/activities of potential interest to members
- Experience working with active seniors and supporting community engagement opportunities
- MUST be adept in all generally used office applications (Word, Outlook, Publisher, Excel etc.), Zoom, and data entry systems
Interested parties should email interest/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Avenidas Rose Kleiner Center
Director of Health Services, Avenidas Rose Kleiner Center
Reports to: Program Director, Avenidas Rose Kleiner Center
Part-Time Program Aide
Reports to: Activity Coordinator, Rose Kleiner Center
Speech Therapist (Contract)
Reports to: Director of Health Services