Careers & Volunteering
The people who work at Avenidas share a sense of purpose and a passion for helping seniors. At both facilities, Avenidas in Palo Alto, and Avenidas Rose Kleiner Center in Mountain View, a strong sense of teamwork can be felt.
If you would like to make a difference in the lives of older adults, please review our current career opportunities and submit an application. Avenidas is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to staff diversity.
Volunteers contribute as actively to Avenidas as paid staff members. We value their input, their productivity, and their time and energy. Interested in Volunteering? Please see our Volunteer Opportunities.
Current Career Opportunities
Avenidas is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to staff diversity
Rehab/Activity Aide, Rose Kleiner Senior Day Health Center
Reports to: Manager Health Services/Activity Coordinator
General Position Description
Provide general supervision and personal assistance to participants in classes and activities of the Rose Kleiner Center, and deliver therapeutic assistance under the direction of the Physical and Occupational Therapists. This is a part-time, 20 hrs/week, non-exempt position. Benefits include medical and dental insurance coverage, long-term disability insurance, annual vacation, paid holidays, personal days, and 403(b) tax deffered savings plan.
- Meet and greet participants and assist them upon arrival and at mealtimes; help participants to tables, serve beverages/food, and clear tables.
- Lead group activities for participants.
- Set up rooms for the classes and the activities
- Supervise the participants in classes and activities to insure the participants' safety, proper care, and comfort.
- Facilitate and assist with the daily activities for participants (during social hour or at any time they need guidance).
- Cooperate with volunteers to implement daily plan.
- Provide personal care to the participants, including grooming and toileting as needed.
- Assist with delivering care plan as determined by the Physical and Occupational Therapists.
- Move tables and chairs as needed.
- Ability to lift 15 pounds.
- Stand for 95% of the workday while performing all of the above responsibilities.
- Spend some time learning about working with the elderly and the medical conditions of the participants.
- Attend all staff meetings, trainings and in-services.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Experience in facilitating/leading group activities strongly preferred.
- Bilingual candidates a plus.
- CNA Certification preferred.
- Experience with and knowledge of older adults and dependent care issues.
- Eagerness to learn more about caring for and concerns of the elderly and their families.
- Initiative, common sense, friendly nature, and ability to work as a member of the team.
- Cultural sensitivity a plus.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to Please, no walk-ins or phone calls regarding this position. Start date immediate. Open until filled.