Whether you need advice about caring for a spouse, resources for aging parents, or a little assistance for yourself—Avenidas' wide range of services can help. Our team of caregivers, volunteers, and staff can answer specific questions or help you find the right services for your needs. Avenidas' services include:
- Avenidas Rose Kleiner Center: This center in Mountain View offers daytime care for your aging parent or spouse. We have an adult day care program based on a social model, and an adult day health care program based on a medical model. Call (650) 289-5499 today for a tour and free visiting day.
- Avenidas Village: A membership program for adults 50 and older who want to stay in their homes as they age. Members have access to a wide range of services, social activities, volunteer opportunities, and other advantages with a single phone number to call for assistance.
- Health & Wellness Services: We offer a broad range of health services—from free screenings, one-on-one personal services, and health insurance counseling to support groups and exercise classes—to keep you fit and healthy.
- Transportation: You can take advantage of our flexible transportation options for running errands, getting to and from appointments, and participating in social activities.
- Information & Counseling: We're here to answer questions, provide counseling, and connect you with support groups, geriatric care management services, and other helpful resources.
- Handyman Services: Need help fixing things around the house? Avenidas can help you. Our pre-screened handymen can help you keep your home safe and accessible.
- Free legal assistance: We offer free legal assistance to seniors through Senior Adults Legal Assistance (SALA), a Santa Clara County organization that assists county residents aged 60 or above, regardless of income level. For an appointment, call Avenidas at (650) 289-5400.
- Free tax assistance: Avenidas hosts an annual AARP Tax-Aide Program for low-to-moderate income taxpayers. Volunteer tax preparers are available by appointment, on Fridays by calling (650) 289-5400 for an appointment.